• 200 page pdf notes
• Exercises for each unit with solutions
• Email support from the instructor
• Equivalent to UCSC Extension Course 0596
costing over $860
XML and Java
This course builds skills in Java's XML processing APIs – chiefly parsing using SAX and DOM and transformations using XSLT, all using the Java API for XML Processing, or JAXP. It also covers the newer Java API for XML Binding, or JAXB, which standardizes serialization according to XML Schema. The course is intended for students with a working knowledge of XML – and possibly DTDs or XML Schema – who want to build XML applications or components using the Java language. Everything in the course adheres to W3C and Java standards for completely portable code.
* Writing XML documents, elements, attributes, processing instructions, well-formedness, namespaces
* Validating XML (writing and using DTDs for validation)
* Viewing XML with CSS stylesheets
* XSLT style sheets (transforming XML trees using XSLT templates)
* Parsing XML with a Java parser using SAX, DOM and JDOM
* Transforming XML using XSLT and Java
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to write XML enabled Java applications..
Prerequisite: Completion of "Java Programmng" and "XML Essentials".